Whenever you are syncing or backing up certain files, which are utilized by a system frequently, conflicted copies might occur.
A conflicted copy
is a second version of a file that's being modified too frequently during the sync/backup. You will be able to recognize a conflicted copy of your file, as it will have the same name of the original version with the attachment "conflicted".
We do NOT advise syncing the following file types:
.pst, .ost, .git directories, hidden files, browser data, email client data
If your sync or backup contain such files you need to exclude them.
- Right-click on the pCloud Drive icon in the system tray and choose Preferences
- Go to the Settings tab and select Backup/Sync exclusions
Please note You have to add these files to the exclusion list before you set up your sync or backup. Otherwise, they won't be excluded. These exclusions apply for your backup and your sync.
If you have already set up a sync or backup:
- Stop the sync or backup from your Sync or Backup settings.
- Delete these files from pCloud Drive.
- Go to the Backup/Sync exclusions tab and add the files to the list of exclusions.
- Restart your sync or backup.
Was this answer helpful to you?